The year is already off to a beautiful start and right out of the gate its been hit after hit as manufacturers roll out some of the Best smartphones 2014 can possibly offer for sale. Its truly a great year for those who are into technology and must have the latest and greatest smartphone the year has to offer.
The best Smartphones 2014
1.Samsung Galaxy S4
The Samsung Galaxy is everywhere today and with good reason, this is due to Samsung’s dominance with its Galaxy series and at the head of the line is the Samsung Galaxy S4, soon to be replace by the newly released S5, but for now the Galaxy S4 is still one of the best smartphone money can buy for the year.
You can see our review of this unit here, which is quite the device. Featuring a 13 MP camera and a 1.9 Ghz quad core processor, reduced weight and larger full HD display with brilliant picture reproduction that makes its shots dear I say even better than real life. Which is one thing most users will notice once they view images taken by a Galaxy smartphone.
This device is a premium top of line brand phone because Samsung has speared no expense in producing one of the industries best and most reliable smartphone around that available for all major carriers both in the US and globally.
2.Samsung Galaxy S5
One of the most anticipated phones of the year the galaxy S5 comes with allot of features that had critical fans watching and wondering if Samsung could top the performance of the Galaxy S4 which was one of the best smartphones of the previous year. You can get in dept listings of the features of the Galaxy S5 in our article here.
The best features of the S5 is the long awaited fingerprint scanner similar to that of the iPhone 5s touch ID fingerprint ID scanner. The device is also dust and water proof which can be quite handy in situations where you may be in less than ideal environments.
Some what gimmicky but who to tell if there will be any real practical use for it but the Galaxy 5S comes fitted with a heart rate monitor and as usual there are bumps in the resolution of the camera and screen resolution. The S5 is already a shoe in for best smartphone 2014 number one spot already.
3. HTC One M8
The HTC one M8 is best summed up like all HTC phones as well built and sturdy, you will notice this whenever you happen to take a HTC device in hand. This time around however HTC has surly taken off the kiddy gloves with the M8 and have started to bear there fangs at the competition, with this smartphones featuring a 2.3 GHZ quadcore processor processor, a full HD screen, dual stereo speakers, a whopping 2 Gigs of ram and external Micro SD storage capacity of up to 128 gigs you can do nothing but drool at this device.
Samsung better watch out as competitions building and HTC is stepping up its game. Trust me if you have not looked at HTC in a while the M8 should not be overlooked especially if you are seeking a Galaxy alternative.
4. Samsung Galaxy note 3
When the first note was launched it was revived with much skepticism as the public did not know where to categorize the device that was smacked between a tablet and a smartphone. Jump forward a few years and the Note 3 has hit the market and people are wondering no more its just a awesome device that plus size but flexible and knows how to thrown it weight around.
Featuring a sweet 5.7 screen restate, 13 mp camera ,a 2.3 GHZ processor and more cool features that you can do with the S pen than you can shake a stick at. Trust me when I say that the Note 3 and its predecessors fills a aspect of the smartphone market that cannot be filled by any other smartphone. This is basically being powerful enough to be a tablet and being as portable and flexible as a smartphone.
5. LG G2
The LG G2 just jumps at you and grabs attention with it gorgeous 5.2 inch display, 13 mega pixel camera and some of the most immersive viewing experience that you ever thought possible on a smartphone all thanks to LG and their innovative design for the G2.
The G2 excels in the battery performance department so no fearing premature battery drainage at the height of your busy day. The thin bezel works well to immersive you into the large display which works very well and the hardware complements the device quite nicely and result in smooth and very fast user experience.
6. Iphone 5s Gold
The iPhone 5s needs no formal introductions and is next to the Samsung Galaxy S5 as a potential winner of best Smartphone of the year. Coming in at 16-64 GB variants the 5s features a 4 inch retina display as found on the MacBook Air, Apples isight camera technology and the long awaited touch ID fingerprint scanner that needs no introduction.
If there was a company that was obsessed with perfection it would be apple and they have done a fine Job with the iPhone 5s which is already literally flying off the shelf as consumers cannot seem to get enough love from the geniuses at apple. The iPhone 5s is a premium device that’s built from nothing but the best materials, which Apple users have come to expect over the years and the performance of the 5s is buttery smooth and complements the User interface upgrade implemented by Apple in its latest IOS update quite nicely.
Other Great Smartphones in the 2014 Lineup
7. Samsung Galaxy note 2
8.Motorolla Moto X
9. Nokia Lumia Icon
10. HTC One M7
Things to bear in mind when selecting the perfect smartphone of the year
- Screen resolution: Screen resolution will determine how gorgeous things will look on the display of your device. The current sweet spot is full HD or 1920 x 1080p or better as manufacturers will exceed this for the future but for now 1080p display is the best possible choice.
- Carrier branded or unlocked: Most smartphone now a days will offer a unlocked version of their phone but at extra cost to the end user, but the user will be free to switch between carriers provided that the device is compatible with their network,so bear this in mind when selecting your next smart phone. However when you choose a specific carrier such as Sprint, Verizon, AT&T or so on you are entering a contract and the device is subsidized and is offered cheaper to you but you are restricted to that carrier network only.
- Processing Cores: No one likes a slow device and as such you better pay attention to the amount of cores and processing speed of your device. Theoretically the more cores present the better the performance of the smartphone usually. So aim for a quad core (4 core) processor or better.
- Memory or RAM: Other than Processing cores the amount of RAM allows your to truly multitask and utilize your smartphone to its fullest. 2 gigs of Ram is currently the best spot for the newest devices to hit the market.
- Connectivity options: Insure that your device has all the latest communication technology this goes without saying but it cant hurt to see that you are getting the latest standards.This includes: GPS,WiFi, Bluetooth and so on.
- User experience: All the greatest hardware in the world will amount to nothing if the mobile operating system does not play well with each other, so always consult customer reviews to make final decisions on your smartphone of choice.
So that our lineup of the best smartphones of the year we would love your input so go ahead and leave a comment.