So you are in the market again for the best wireless router 2014 has to offer, but what exactly should you consider getting? After all you are looking for maximum bang for your buck and the kind of deals that will leave a permanent smile on your face.So follow BlogTechTips.com as we look at the best wireless routers of 2014 and beyond in an attempt to establish the pinacle of wireless router technology that is not only reliable but also affordable.
Features that Must be present in The Best Wireless Router
There is no compromise when it comes to buying a top of the line wireless router this year and there are certain features that must be present in a wireless router to keep you up to today’s robust standards.Face it routers are no longer a after thought any more, careful consideration has to be made as it your router is your first and last line of defense in keeping your private household data safe and away from identity thieves who may be snooping for your data in less than secure wireless networks.
Top features that must be present in your wireless router include:
1. Robust security: Your latest router purchase must have the latest and greatest security features, there is nothing more annoying than hearing of a new vulnerability in a wireless security standard and you decide to change security measures in your router and it does not support the latest security features and measures to safeguard your privacy.
By today’s standard you should not even be looking at a router that does not have the latest WPA2 encryption feature for securing your wireless connection, actually as soon as you buy a wireless router and you are considering to protect your network and password be sure to use the WPA2 method.
2. Intuitive User Interface: Nobody wants a router thats a bother to configure and use, intact most users will be willing to spend a hour to configure it initially and pray they never have to do it again. The user interface should be easy to navigate and a breeze to find the most commonly used features in a router such as setting a passkey,port forwarding, monitor network activity and much more.
3. Advanced options: A good router usually comes fitted with very advance feature that you may not use, but who knows a month down the line you may just need it and its better to have it and not want it than to need it and find it missing.
4. Extra Ports: All great routers support extra ports that can be used should you decide to create your home network or connect a computer by non-wireless means. All modern connectivity features is also a welcomed addition, such as USB support and so on.
5. Update support: All good routers will need the occasional firmware update to extend functionality and fix potential bugs, a good router is backed by a crack team that aiming to drain every bit of performance out of your device hardware by providing updates that can be implemented easily.
6. Reliable: There is nothing worse than buggy routers that tap out under pressure or high network usage, the best routers can work consistently at peak performance and remain powered on indefinitely.Reliability is also a key feature that must be present in routers meant for gaming.
Considerations before Making A purchase of the Best wireless Router 2014
Before you take the plunge and get that router consider the following facts before you come to a final decision:
a. Does your Router support the latest standards: The buzz standard rite now is routers that support 802.11 AC, while its a new standard it is best to get this feature as in the future more and more new devices will support it and you will reap the reward of being a early adapter. The wireless N standard is still cool but do not skip on the 802.11 AC feature if you can.
b. Choose a router with great Range: The greater the range of your router, the further the signal will be able to travel and it will be less likely to be stopped by obstacles in your home such as walls between rooms and furniture.
c. Router speed: Will your router be able to handle the real world speeds on your connection or does the manufacturers speed claims match up to the real world standards? In this case its best to draw on user experiences as provided below in the customer reviews.
The Top ten (10) Best Wireless Router 2014 based on Consumer Purchases
We have taken the time to organise a detailed list of the top ten (10) best selling wireless router brands based on customer satisfaction and feedback so you know these devices are reliable and affordable.
Medialink Wireless-N Broadband Router with Internal Antennas (300 Mbps) – 2.4GHz – 802.11b/g/n – Compatible with Windows 8 / Windows 7 / Windows Vista / Windows XP / Mac OS X / Linux
3,236 total customer reviews…
Conclusions about the best Wireless Router 2014
Above we have provided you with our top ten picks that are based on consumer feedback as they are the best selling options based on consumer demand. If we were to separate the above routers based on price the list would look something like this:
Best Affordable routers 2014 under $100
#2,3,4,7,10 (See top 10 list above for more details on the specific numbers)
Best Routers above $100 but less than $200
Best Routers above $200
So as you can see there is a wireless router to fit every budget and household. Lets hope that our article has helped you in selecting the best possible router while giving you the best router at the greatest deal. For your convenience we have also linked to each router on Amazon above and in our experience we have found that Amazon usually offer the best possible prices.Trust me when I say that you will not find better routers than the one we have presented to you here.