Believe it or not but even before the Galaxy S8 and S8+ were released there were fakes already in the wild. This goes to show that copycat or clones of the original devices are becoming more popular and you should always be aware of potential fakes and how to spot them.In today’s article we will be looking at How to spot a fake Galaxy S8 or Galaxy S8+?
How to spot a fake Galaxy S8 or Galaxy S8+?
So in order to spot a Galaxy S8 or S8+ clone you will need to pay attention to the following so you don’t get scammed into buying a fake device as many have been in the past.
1.The new Galaxy S8 box is all black and should only say: S8 on the front of the box and nothing else.The accessories in the box should include a: 2x OTG Connectors, New ear buds, USB C cable, SIM tool, Documentation.
2. Most Fakes have a Micro USB charge port unlike the real deal with a USB Type C connector which is a new port on these devices.The Wireless charging also does not work at all and is a dead giveaway.
3. The Galaxy S8 Boots up quite fast while the Fakes take a lot longer.
4. Look at the placement of the Camera, Flash and Fingerprint sensors. If they are not placed in the correct position as those shown in the advertisements and pictures officially from Samsung then that’s a clear sign this is a fake.Watch out for weird stickers and Logos on your device out the box as Fakes tend to have these. The look and quality of the Camera is also lacking compared to the high quality of the original.
5.There should be a new button on the left side of the phone beneath the volume buttons called the Bixby button that activates the new assistant. If this button is missing or does not work accordingly its a Fake.
6. The Fingerprint sensor is still a fake and does not actually work, it only mimics a fingerprint sensor and any finger can unlock the device seeing it does not work.The Iris sensor for unlocking is also fake and only imitates the real deal.
7.The display is not of a high quality as the real deal and you will notice a black border at the top and bottom of the screen unlike Samsung Infinity display with more screen real estate. The Display is also a LCD and not a high Quality OLED.
8.The Fakes are also very heavy and weigh as much as two times the normal weight in most cases as the actual Galaxy S8.
9.Out the box the S8 is running Android 7.0 or higher and not some version of Android 6.0.
10. Download AnTuTu Benchmark and use the info Tab to look at the detailed hardware info of your device such as: CPU,RAM,Display and more. You can then compare this to the official specification of the Samsung Galaxy S8 or S8+ that Samsung has on their website for your model.
Where to Buy the Real Deal?
You can purchase a 100% genuine device below and don’t worry you are guaranteed an authentic device.Also always buy from a trusted source or seller.
Guys do remember there are many fakes out and new ones are being made everyday that look more convincing. These are all but general guidelines to spot a fake and you will need to use your common sense along with the tips above in order to actually separate a fake from the real deal.
Please leave a comment below and do share this article with a friend on social media as it would be greatly appreciated.