Apple fans the world over can celebrate as the long-awaited specs or specifications for both devices have been officially revealed and like our previous article a while back we were not too far off as the features that would be present in this most anticipated device. I guess we will also need to make some adjustments to our top smartphones of 2014 as well in light of this new release from apple.
So lets jump right into the action and present you with the latest breakdown:
Apple iPhone 6 Official Specifications
The Apple iPhone 6 will feature a 4.7 inch display with an effective size of 750 x 1334 pixels multitouch display. The LED backlit IPS LCD capacitive touch display which is capable of displaying 16 million colors for a clear crisp color reproduction on-screen.
The display itself is shatter proof glass with a oleophobic coating. The device weighs a mere 129 grams or 4.55 ounces at 138.1 x 67 x 6.9 millimeters.
- Touch ID biometric sensor built-in.
- Added Apple Pay which is compatible with all major credit cards including: MasterCard, Visa.
- Supports standard 3.5 mm headphone jack.
- Comes in the following internal storage capacities: 16,64 or 128 Gigs.
- 1 GB of RAM
- 8 Megapixel primary camera with a secondary 1.2 Megapixels for video calling or face time. The primary camera supports a maximum resolution of 3264 x 2448 pixels. Able to capture full HD 1080 p video at a very fluid 60 Frames per second.
- Comes with IOS 8 stock
- At the heart of this device is a Dual core 1.4 GHZ Cyclone ARM V8 processor.
- The GPU for gaming and video playback is a PowerVR GX6650 hexa core graphics chip.
- The iPhone 6 will come in Gold, Silver and space Gray.
- As always the battery is a nun removable Li-ion battery promising talk time of up to 14 hours, 50 hours of music.
- The SIM slot will feature Nano-SIM card.
- Supports all major network bands from 2G all the way to 4G networks.
iPhone 6 Plus Specs and Features
The iPhone 6 Plus is much like the iPhone 6 with a few key differences the most noticeable of which is the 5.5 inch 1080 x 1920 full HD LED backlit IPS capacitive multitouch screen, encased in a 158.1 x 77.8 x 7.1 millimeter body. The device weighs 6.07 ounces or 172 grams and like its smaller counterpart above all the features are the same.
- The iPhone 6 Plus has 2 gigs of Ram a whole extra gig over the standard edition.
- The larger battery promises 24 hours talk time, 382 hours in stand by and up to 80 hours of Music play.
That’s it for the iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus official specs as they have been release to the public. In my opinion apple is a little to late to the party with its larger screen offerings and the iPhone 6 has not brought anything revolutionary to the table. This does not mean however that the iPhone 6 is not a great device, it’s simply means that Android is leaps and bounds ahead of the curve with these features been introduced in smartphones as far back as two years ago. So lets all kick back and see where apple takes its new device over the next few month, the iPhone 6 is scheduled for release sometime in September 2014.
Good review so where is the wow about the new Iphone bigger screen and more space had that already
Thank you,that pretty much sums it up, which are all features already available on Android. Apple fans seems to be eating it up as the pre-orders were sold out on the Apple store within 20 minutes of going on sale. Plus apple says based on the pre-order demand this is the hugest demand for a launch they have ever had reaching 4 Million orders on the first day.
Only time will tell after all this is a tech Marathon and not a sprint.