It another day and unfortunately another Windows error, today we will be looking at:the application was unable to start correctly 0xc00007b error and how you can fix this annoying error that’s encountered for a number of reason when trying to launch an application in Windows. In my case I first encountered the error when trying to start a new Game which refused to run with an annoying popup with the above error written on it and no clue as how to solve the issue.
Which versions of Windows can this error Affect?
The error can appear on any version of Windows old or new and includes Windows 7,8 and Windows 10, based on the trend it a common Windows error and can appear in any Windows old, new or even unreleased future versions if history is any indicator, so expect this too for future versions of Windows as well.
The Application was unable to start correctly 0xc00007b
Now these tips or methods that I am about to outline should fix the error for you no matter what the application is that’s giving the error or the version of Windows you are using, so simply try them one at a time until you find one that fixes the error for you.
In most cases the culprit that’s causing this error can be hard to track down so rest assure it most likely one of the following that’s causing the issue and I advise you not to rule anything out and at the end of the day if all these applications are up to date it can only mean you will be less likely to have the: application was unable to start correctly (0xc00007b) error or any other error in the future,so it will be time well spent updating these apps:
1. Download and install the latest Net Framework here, it’s a strong possibility that this is the cause of the error in most cases so go ahead and start by updating this application.
2. Update your C++ Redistribution Package to the latest version you can download it here.
3. For Gamers or if you are reviving the error because of a Game Update your DirectX using the:DirectX End-User Runtime Web Installer.
4. Update Visual C++ Redistributable for Visual Studio.
5. Try reinstalling or downloading and reinstalling the application that’s giving the application was unable to start correctly error as sometimes the problem itself can be caused by a faulty installation or missing files from an installer.
6. Restart your computer as a recently installed App or one that’s been updated might be causing the issue.
7. Run the application that’s giving issues as an administrator.
Those who are getting this error with a Game
In my case as I mentioned before I was getting this error with a Game which was Fallout 4 but do note that you can get this error with any Game, I was able to fix this specific error with tip number 3 above and all I had to do was install the Direct X end-User runtime web installer and it started and downloaded a few files that were need as updates and after fully updating I simply launched my game and the error was gone and the Game played flawlessly after that. I am sure other users will find this useful in fixing their Games that encounters the application was unable to start correctly (0xc00007b) error.
If you are getting Other Errors with your Games do check out:
I was also getting other errors with my Game so do check the following
That’s it my friends one of the above should have fixed your issue with the The application was unable to start correctly 0xc00007b problem,if you need help go ahead and leave me a comment I would love to help you out if I can and please share this article to get the word out there to help another user who may encounter this error too.