It’s so awesome that we were given Metal Gear solid 5 on the PC as being a Metal Gear Solid Fan from the very beginning and a PC Gamer I was super happy this game was also released on the PC to allow US to enjoy the action on a whole other level but today my focus is on an issue that could really ruin the experience and how to fix it for my friends on the PC and that’s the No voice issue.
The Metal Gear Solid 5 No Voice Problem on PC
The issue in detail is that when you are Playing the Game you will not be able to hear any character voices in cutscenes and in regular Game play which is very annoying as critical information and story driven dialogue is passed on this way which makes the Game unplayable. You may only hear environmental sounds and bullets but no dialogue will play and I am sure you have been trying to fix the issue.
How to Fix the Metal Gear Solid 5 NO Voice issue in Games and Cutscenes?
To actually fix this issue you will need to:
1. Go to your speaker in the system tray in the bottom right of your screen and right-click and choose the option Playback devices.
2. Now select your active speakers and then choose configure in the bottom left of the screen.
3. You are most likely on a setting such as 5.1 Surround or 7.1, change the setting to Stereo.
4. Now hit next and on the next screen choose: front left and right.
5. From here simply finish the configuration and go back to your Game and all the sounds should work just fine.
Alternatively you can do the same thing in your PCs Audio Manger that’s usually running in the system tray, it may look a bit different but the options should be there to set things to Stereo much easier.
Why did this fix my Issue?
It seems that Metal Gear Solid 5 for the PC is not compatible with surround sound and causes the in-game dialogue to cut out or not play at all. If you have a setup that uses surround you will have to Play MGS5 without surround and you can switch back for other Games or Media when not Playing.
I hope you found this Fix helpful and it solved your issue do Consider subscribing to the blog we offer helpful tutorials, fixes and Tech reviews that can actually help you on a regular basis. Also share this article to help a fellow Metal gear solid Fan on PC fix this annoying sound issue with their Game.