If you have encountered the Android error Screen Overlay Detected then you are not alone as it is a really annoying issue on Android. This issue seems to mainly affect Android Marshmallow 6.0 users. Especially just after upgrading to this version of Android. It can really get in the way as you may not be clear on what to do when the eror pops-up in your favorite applications.It can also affect your ability to use these apps.
Screen Overlay Detected Error
The error will read as follows: Screen overlay detected. To change this permission setting, you first have to turn off the screen overlay from settings >apps. Open settings.
From here you will need to go to settings but the message is not clear as to what to do exactly to get rid of the popup.
How to fix the Screen Overlay Detected Issue?
To solve this issue you will need to do one of the following:
1. Go to settings.
2.Next go to applications, next go to application manager and in the upper right click on More.
3. In the menu that appears select: Apps that can appear on top. In this menu you will find a toggle that allows apps and their buttons to pop-up over other elements or appear over other apps.
4. Simply turn them all off. If you know the exact application that’s causing the pop-up in your case then go ahead and disable it only or do them one by one and see which one makes the issue stop. In most cases its one of these: CleanMaster,File Manager,Twilight,Drupe,Lux and CM apps.
5. If disabling does not work from Application Manger uninstall them. You should reboot your phone after as a good measure.
1. Go to settings then display and wallpaper , now look for one-handed operation.
2. disable side key Panel. The toggle is in the upper right for disabling it.
1. Place your phone in safe mode or boot into safe mode.
2. Now find the App that you are getting the error with in settings -application manager.
3. Click on the App go to permissions, then beside the permission for storage turn it on. This will only work in safe mode.
4. Reboot your phone and the problem should be fixed.
I do hope that fixed that annoying error now the above steps should fix the screen overlay issue in most cases. Please share your thoughts below in the comments and tell me how this worked or did not work for you. As always please share this article and check out some more posts on the website.