I would like to start a tradition here on the website where ever so often we feature a Gaming Rig for a particular month when one is available much like my recent Gaming build that is now completed. So for this month the Gaming PC that I am about to feature is a brand new build from an avid gamer and PC enthusiast: Jay as he would like to be called who decided to take the plunge and build his own custom gaming PC. I must say that he has done a fine Job for which he is to be commended for, so without wasting any more time lets take a look at the build and the parts used in case you are interested.
Gaming Rig Parts List
For the build Jay went with the following parts:
1. Case: Corsair Carbide Series Air 540 Windowed ATX High Airflow Cube Performance Computer Case– the Arctic White version .
2. Motherboard: MSI Computer ATX DDR3 2600 LGA 1150 Motherboards Z97S SLI KRAIT EDITION
3. Processor: Intel Core i5-4690 Processor, you can read the full review here.
4. Video Card: MSI Computer Graphics Cards GTX 960 GAMING 4G
5. RAM:Mushkin Enhanced Stealth 8GB 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3L 1600 Desktop Memory Model 992110S
6. Power Supply: Corsair CX Series 600 Watt ATX/EPS Modular 80 PLUS Bronze Power Supply CX600M
7. Storage: Seagate 1TB Desktop HDD SATA 6Gb/s 64MB Cache 3.5-Inch Internal Drive
Gaming PC Build Gallery
So now for the best part of these featured Gaming PC build posts the Gallery where we can see it all come together.
As you can see the build turned out really nice and it features 8 GB of DDR 3 RAM, with a Intel core i5 4690K CPU clocked at 3.5 GHz being a K edition processor he will be able to overclock the processor if he so choses. The video Card is a MSI GTX 960 which is the 4 GB edition which has its own back plate which is quite nice and is a step up from the 2 GB version. For a monitor he is using a Large screen TV set which provides great screen real estate for enjoying the latest PC game titles. In the short term Jay plans to add some LED lighting, a SSD drive and liquid cooling which should give the build a more prominent look. Currently for storage he has a 1 Terabyte drive which is more than enough for is storage needs. Continue reading for the question and answer portion of this featured Gaming Setup.
Questions and Answers for the creator of this Gaming Rig:
Location: New York, United States of America
1. Why did you build your Gaming PC?
Mainly to play the latest games.
2. What is the most outstanding thing about your build?
Design and colors schema.
3.What do you intend to use your new PC for?
I plan to use this Rig mainly for games, movies, photo editing and internet browsing.
4. What was the cost to build this Gaming Rig?
All the parts that I used totaled about $900 US dollars.
5. Is this your first Gaming PC?
Yes this is my first dedicated gaming PC .
6. Did you have any Issues during the building of this PC?
Yes I got a dead on arrival (DOA) Power supply but not a big problem I was able to narrow down the problem and replace it, after that it was smooth sailing.
7. How well does it perform?
Performs better than expected, I can Play all the latest titles that I have played at high frames rates with the Graphical setting turned up.It handles titles such as GTA 5 great thanks to the 4GB of video memory.
8. Do you plan to upgrade anything Soon?
I am planing on getting a SSD, Liquid cooling,LED lighting and going for a SLI setup.
I hope you guys enjoyed this Months Gaming Rig of the month, If you have a setup that you would like to feature here at BlogTechTips.com please contact me or leave a comment and if you have what it takes we will feature your Build here on the website. Please share what you think of this Build in the comments below.